WHAT’S BIERGARTEN BIER?
It’s the bier found in German biergarten, neighborhood gathering places where a sense of community and a love of great bier come together. At Prost, we honor these traditions with truly authentic biergarten-style biers made with sustainably sourced German-grown hops and Colorado-grown Malts, hand selected for the highest quality and brewed with state-of-the-art precision. The result is clear, more refined biers that are approachable yet layered with complexity – the very same biers we drink with friends in our Prost biergartens. Prost!
Prost is looking for a new candidate to join our family and our sales representative for the Denver and Boulder areas. The position requests a self starter, that has a love for people, building relationships and sales. The ideal candidate has previous experience and knowledge of the craft beer industry and distribution, relationships in the targeted areas, and a drive to help us grow our brand.
For more information please visit our website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preferred start date: ASAP
Target Areas: Denver & Boulder, CO
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for the execution of the organization’s sales strategy and goals in the region. This includes driving daily sales, creating and maintaining account relationships, and scheduling and executing sales events.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and associated duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Execute the regional sales strategy in alignment with the company’s Vision, Values and Objectives
- Strive to hit quarterly sales targets by operating in line with the overall strategy for each region
- Stress continued growth in key markets and key accounts
- Maintain all account and distribution relationships in the market
- Target new geographies to drive new sales in underserved regions
- Conduct hand sales, tastings, tap takeovers, and promotions events in conjunction with the overall strategy
- Build and maintain friendly yet professional demeanor and appearance aligning with the values of the company
- Ensure all accounts receive a reasonable level of support and attention. Consistency is key to maintain successful relationships
- Work directly with the Sales Manager to execute a cohesive sales strategy
- Provide weekly detailed list of all accounts and encounters to the Sales Manager
- Develop an understanding of our markets, by account type, city, and beer preference
- Develop working relationships with distributor reps through open communication, meetings, and ride-alongs
- Work regional festivals to further promote our product
- Work to achieve the corporate short and long-term goals and objectives
- Foster good communication, working relationships and a team work environment
- Build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders, the beer community, and the community as a whole
- Proactively communicate feedback or ideas to improve the customer experience to management
- Operate under the health and safety standards set by the organization and the law
- Ensure appearance and behavior reflects the organization value of excellence
Open communications to be a team-player and do other tasks as necessary
This position actively engages in beer sales and is engaged with our retail customers daily. A thorough understanding of the company’s Vision, Values and Strategic objectives allows this position to communicate this to our distributor and customers. Proven experience in sales and the beer industry is critical to this position. Good oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and organizational skills and the ability to effectively work with and direct a team environment are all necessary.
Education Level High School Diploma or GED
Related Experience 2+ years of sales experience
Thorough understanding of the Craft Brewing Industry and the broader restaurant and beverage industry
Physical and Mental Requirements
This position requires physical and mental alertness, attentiveness and stamina for the length of an entire 8-12 hour work day. Occasional to frequent lifting of 50-160 pounds, frequent changing from a seated to standing position and travel both locally and statewide are all demands of this position.
Compensation – up to $70K in potential!
Base Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Commission: potential for large growth
Bonus: up to $6,000 additional pay each year
PTO: up to three weeks
Free Beer and Discounts!