Prost Brewing Company started in 2012 as an idea to brew a fresh taste of traditional German biers. Our family’s ancestors brewed beer with monks in Bavaria, but as 6th generation Coloradoans, our roots were here in the rocky mountains, so we brought Bavarian copper kettles and centuries old bier styles from Germany to Denver to start our brewery. Our love for German biers and the Colorado mountain lifestyle led us to the Bavarian Reinheitsgebot law and belief in brewing more sustainably without compromising the quality of our bier. Reinhiestgebot only allows brewers to use 4 all natural, non-GMO ingredients: water, hops, barley, and yeast. On top of this, we’ve included processes in our brewery like endosperm mashing and carbon capture which allow us to use less water and capture all released C02. This lowers our overall environmental footprint while making our biers cleaner and more sessionable. We make the best bier we possibly can and serve it in large open biergartens with the hope to bring together our community. Prost!
Prost is looking for a new candidate to join our family. The ideal candidate has previous experience and knowledge of the craft beer industry and distribution, relationships in the targeted areas, and a drive to help us grow our brand.
Preferred start date: ASAP
Target Areas: Kansas; Nebraska;, Kansas City, MO
- Position Purpose
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for the execution of the organization’s sales strategy and goals in the region. This includes driving daily sales, creating and maintaining account relationships, and scheduling and executing sales events.
- Position Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and associated duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Execute the regional sales strategy in alignment with the company’s Vision, Values and Objectives
- Strive to hit quarterly sales targets by operating in line with the overall strategy for each region
- Stress continued growth in key markets and key accounts
- Maintain all account and distribution relationships in the market
- Target new geographies to drive new sales in underserved regions
- Conduct hand sales, tastings, tap takeovers, and promotions events in conjunction with the overall strategy
- Build and maintain friendly yet professional demeanor and appearance aligning with the values of the company
- Ensure all accounts receive a reasonable level of support and attention. Consistency is key to maintain successful relationships
- Work directly with the Sales Manager to execute a cohesive sales strategy
- Provide weekly detailed list of all accounts and encounters to the Sales Manager
- Develop an understanding of our markets, by account type, city, and beer preference
- Develop working relationships with distributor reps through open communication, meetings, and ride-alongs
- Work regional festivals to further promote our product
- Work to achieve the corporate short and long-term goals and objectives
- Foster good communication, working relationships and a team work environment
- Build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders, the beer community, and the community as a whole
- Proactively communicate feedback or ideas to improve the customer experience to management
- Operate under the health and safety standards set by the organization and the law
- Ensure appearance and behavior reflects the organization value of excellence
Open communications to be a team-player and do other tasks as necessary
- Essential Skills
This position actively engages in beer sales and is engaged with our retail customers daily. A thorough understanding of the company’s Vision, Values and Strategic objectives allows this position to communicate this to our distributor and customers. Proven experience in sales and the beer industry is critical to this position. Good oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and organizational skills and the ability to effectively work with and direct a team environment are all necessary.
Education Level High School Diploma or GED
Related Experience 2+ years of sales experience
Thorough understanding of the Craft Brewing Industry and the broader restaurant and beverage industry
- Physical and Mental Requirements
This position requires physical and mental alertness, attentiveness and stamina for the length of an entire 8-12 hour work day. Occasional to frequent lifting of 50-160 pounds, frequent changing from a seated to standing position and travel both locally and statewide are all demands of this position.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply an learn more about the position